Starting Friday 7th February we are pleased to announce that the following classes will be taking place at the fully kitted out facilities of ‘Unit 1 Gym‘ on the Moreton Hall Industrial Estate:
- Friday night MMA (19:30-21:00)
- Sunday morning BJJ (09:00-10:30)
Unit 1 Gym,
Bury St Edmunds,
Here are the dates for the Christmas period! Have a good rest and hit it hard int he new year!
- Bury St Edmunds: MMA/BJJ finishes Sunday 22nd December and restarts Sunday 5th January.
- Beyton: Karate finishes Friday 13th December and restarts 10th January.
- Stoke Ash: Karate finishes Tues 17th (restart date TBC).
- Gt Barton: Karate finishes Tues 17th December and restarts Tuesday 7th January.
- Lakenheath: MMA/BJJ finishes Tues 17th December and restarts Tuesday 7th January.
- Haughley: Karate finishes Wednesday 18th December and restarts Wednesday 8th January.
- Bacton: Karate finishes Friday 20th December and restarts Friday 10th January.
- Elmswell: Karate finishes Saturday 21st December and restarts Saturday 11th January.
Congratulations to Jack Lster and Juan Pachecho who both competed and medaled last week at the Nottingham open!
Jack Lister took Gold in the purple belt -88.2Kg division, winning with his trademark straight ankle lock. He then took Silver in the absolute division.
Juan competed in the blue belt heavyweight division. He won his first fight on points and then lost via Kimura in the final.
Congratulations to Maz Upson & Brucie Jamison on their hard earned BJJ blue belts from head BJJ Coach Lee Catling!
Three of the team (Jack Lister, Josh Palmer & Bruce Jamison) made their way down to The Immaculate Submission Only competition in Dartford on August 10th 2013.
A tough and unique rule set was used – You have 15 minutes (a very long fight!) to submit your opponent. If neither combatant scores a submission then you are both disqualified!
Bruce Jamison took gold in the beginner category both in his weight division (-90Kg) and in the absolute class!
Josh Palmer took bronze in the -90Kg advanced absolute division.
You can also check out Josh’s account of the day here:
A few changes are taking place to our grappling timetable from the start of JuLy.
We are now replacing the Monday MMA class with a no-gi submission grappling class. This will also incorporate the Monday BJJ class formerly held at Needham Market.
Fridays MMA class will now be a combination of no-gi wrestling and MMA basics.
This now means that as part of your monthly club fee, you get four grappling classes per week all based at Bury St Edmunds covering all aspects of submission grappling including gi, no-gi and MMA based grappling!
The full timetable can be viewed HERE.
On Saturday 15th June, the team headed down to Norwich to compete at UCMMA Contenders.
There were five fantastic performances which ended with four wins and a decision loss for the club:
- Darren Kirk dominated with some impressive takedowns to win comprehensively via decision.
- Marcin Porchiecha ground out a split decision win showing some real tenacity in his submission defence.
- Filip Sieminski scored with throws and trips to win a decsion and go 2-0 as an amateur.
- Marcin Wadya absorbed some huge leg kicks and showed true heart in a decision loss in his amateur debut.
- Simon Matthews engaged in some great stand-up to take a well earned decision win.
Enjoy Darrens performance here:
Congratulations from the entire team!
Jack Lister walked away from the British open last month with another Gold medal in the blue belt -88.4Kg class. He submitted all five of his opponents (four leg locks and one arm-bar).
Following another impressive performance, Jack was awarded his purple belt by Lee Catling.
All the team at BlueWave would like to congratulate Jack on a fantastic achievement and we look forward to seeing him tear it up in his new division.
Our very own Jack Lister has been on a tear recently picking up gold medals left and right. We are very pleased to announce that he has been sponsored by Valor Fightwear.
Check them out here: Valor Fightwear