Congratulations to Jo Stalnaker who secured the Middleweight Title at BCMMA with a triangle win!
Congratulations to Jo and Miguel who both received their blue belts tonight (June 4th 2014) from Lee Catling!
Here’s our very own Jack Lister grabbing his trademark footlock win at the recent Subf15teen event in Middlesborough!
Starting Friday 7th February we are pleased to announce that the following classes will be taking place at the fully kitted out facilities of ‘Unit 1 Gym‘ on the Moreton Hall Industrial Estate:
- Friday night MMA (19:30-21:00)
- Sunday morning BJJ (09:00-10:30)
Unit 1 Gym,
Bury St Edmunds,
Here are the dates for the Christmas period! Have a good rest and hit it hard int he new year!
- Bury St Edmunds: MMA/BJJ finishes Sunday 22nd December and restarts Sunday 5th January.
- Beyton: Karate finishes Friday 13th December and restarts 10th January.
- Stoke Ash: Karate finishes Tues 17th (restart date TBC).
- Gt Barton: Karate finishes Tues 17th December and restarts Tuesday 7th January.
- Lakenheath: MMA/BJJ finishes Tues 17th December and restarts Tuesday 7th January.
- Haughley: Karate finishes Wednesday 18th December and restarts Wednesday 8th January.
- Bacton: Karate finishes Friday 20th December and restarts Friday 10th January.
- Elmswell: Karate finishes Saturday 21st December and restarts Saturday 11th January.
Congratulations to Jack Lster and Juan Pachecho who both competed and medaled last week at the Nottingham open!
Jack Lister took Gold in the purple belt -88.2Kg division, winning with his trademark straight ankle lock. He then took Silver in the absolute division.
Juan competed in the blue belt heavyweight division. He won his first fight on points and then lost via Kimura in the final.
Congratulations to Maz Upson & Brucie Jamison on their hard earned BJJ blue belts from head BJJ Coach Lee Catling!
Three of the team (Jack Lister, Josh Palmer & Bruce Jamison) made their way down to The Immaculate Submission Only competition in Dartford on August 10th 2013.
A tough and unique rule set was used – You have 15 minutes (a very long fight!) to submit your opponent. If neither combatant scores a submission then you are both disqualified!
Bruce Jamison took gold in the beginner category both in his weight division (-90Kg) and in the absolute class!
Josh Palmer took bronze in the -90Kg advanced absolute division.
You can also check out Josh’s account of the day here:
A few changes are taking place to our grappling timetable from the start of JuLy.
We are now replacing the Monday MMA class with a no-gi submission grappling class. This will also incorporate the Monday BJJ class formerly held at Needham Market.
Fridays MMA class will now be a combination of no-gi wrestling and MMA basics.
This now means that as part of your monthly club fee, you get four grappling classes per week all based at Bury St Edmunds covering all aspects of submission grappling including gi, no-gi and MMA based grappling!
The full timetable can be viewed HERE.